HOW TO APPLY
If you are a WWII, Korean War, or Vietnam Veteran, and have never been on an Honor Flight, please submit an application with us. There are two ways you can apply.
The preferred method is to fill out the electronic form displayed below.
If you experience difficulty with the electronic form, you can download an application HERE and mail the completed application to:
Collier County Honor Flight
Attn: Veteran Application
PO Box 8001
Naples, FL 34101
Or e-mail the application to [email protected]
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING BEFORE FILL OUT YOUR APPLICATION
1) Collier County Honor Flight is a 100% volunteer organization operating as a 501 (c)(3) non-profit corporation. We will acknowledge the receipt of your application via email or mail within 2 weeks. This acknowledgement does not mean you have been selected for a specific flight. When selected for a specific flight, you will receive a phone call or email indicating your selection and the scheduled flight date.
2) The #1 priority of each trip is the safety of our Veterans and all those associated with the Honor Flight. A Guardian will be assigned to each Veteran going on a flight. Guardians are an important part of our flights and are selected and assigned to a Veteran based on the following criteria: minimum age 16, maximum age 75. Guardians must be able to lift 100 lbs. Priority is given to those who are medically trained, active or retired military, guardians who have previously flown, and eligible family members. The spouse of a veteran may not accompany the Veteran unless they are coming as a Veteran themselves on the Honor Flight. If there is a specific person you would like to serve as your Guardian, you must list them in your application and they must fill out a Guardian application.
3) Pre-Trip Meeting – Our “Meet and Greet” informational session is for both Veterans and Guardians. Veterans will meet their Guardian (if they have not already met) at this session. This is usually held about a week before the flight for which you are selected. If you have difficulty finding transportation to this meeting, please let us know. This is a required training as we have important information you need before the flight.
4) Guardian Training – Every person who is selected as a guardian must attend a guardian training session before the flight. If they live out of state, we will attempt to assist them in attending a guardian training session in their home state. If they cannot attend a guardian training session and the pre-trip meeting, they cannot serve as a guardian.
5) Collier County Honor Flight will typically have one mission in the Spring and two in the Fall. If you are a seasonal resident we will make every effort to work around your time in Southwest Florida.
6) Veterans do not pay for their Honor Flight, all costs are paid by Collier County Honor Flight, including airfare, buses, and meals.
7) We use our website www.collierhonorflight.org and Facebook “Collier County Honor Flight” to communicate with the public. Please see these sites for general updates and information before contacting us.